In order to become a pharmacy assistant in Guyana it is necessary to complete a 12 months program that is approved by the National Accreditation Council and the Pharmacy Council of Guyana. The most recognized program is the one offered by the Ministry of Health but entrants to the program are required to sign a 3 year contract after graduation. The other option is to complete the program offered by the Computer World Medical Institute which is based on the curriculum if the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) in the United States. This program costs less than $US 1,000 but is not as recognized as the Ministry of Health’s program for employment in the public sector.
- How to Design Foundation Packages in Computer Studies for Children
- Study Options for CSEC/CXC classes for School Leavers and Adults
- Ranking Computer Schools in Guyana – A Ten- Point Assessment
- The Case for Foundation Package Computer Training in Guyana
- Work study/Internships for pharmacy assistants, phlebotomy technicians and nurse aides in Guyana.